The future of food & ag is in Greater Sacramento
Greater Sacramento is where innovators are revolutionizing food and agriculture technology. Here, innovators have access to a strong supply chain, agricultural abundance – $2.25 billion total ag value – and the #1 agricultural sciences university in the nation, UC Davis. We’re proudly home to 3.36x the U.S. national average concentration of soil and plant scientists. With our talent and business climate, it’s no surprise that jobs within the industry here grew 10.6% last year.
- Cecilia Aguiar-Curry (Assemblymember, District 4, California State Assembly)
- Vanessa Castagna, PhD (Scientific Affairs Liaison, TurtleTree)
- Pamela Marrone, PhD (Founder & CEO, Marrone Bio Innovations)
- Chelsea Minor (Corporate Director, Consumer & Public Affairs, Raley’s Family of Fine Stores, Inc.)
- Dr. Fatma Kaplan (Co-founder & CEO/CSO, Pheronym)
- Leanna Sweha (Program Director, AgStart)
- Mayra Vega (Mayor Pro Tempore, City of Woodland)
As mentioned during the program, AgStart recently opened a new facility featuring wet chemistry labs and coworking specs to serve food & ag innovators. Learn more about the space in the video below.
EyeRate has been able to grow in Greater Sacramento thanks to the region’s tech talent, community resources and employee experience.
Advanced.farm is a cutting-edge agtech company located just minutes from UC Davis – the country’s #1 agricultural science university — in the Greater Sacramento region.
Aachen, Germany-based PEM Motion provides engineering and business consulting services to zero emission vehicle companies from its North America headquarters – Greater Sacramento.