COVID-19 Update: March 27, 2020
As we all adjust to new realities and commit to minimizing the spread of COVID-19, I want you to know that the Greater Sacramento Economic Council is open for business – remotely of course – and continues to see interest and activity, with new business commitments to locating in the region happening this week.
We can all use some positive news, so here is some I am pleased to share:
- Developers are actively moving forward with speculative large-scale industrial development projects that we so desperately need in our market.
- The venture capital market in Silicon Valley has a stockpile of funds waiting to invest – we will be working diligently to expand our conversations with them immediately to tell the #CaliforniaOption story.
- GSEC has had great success securing meetings and conversations with many business decision makers outside of our market that in other times are difficult to access.
- Aggie Square is capitalized, strong, and will be breaking ground before the end of the calendar year.
- Several area businesses including StemExpress, California Northstate University and UC Davis are stepping up to find solutions to COVID-19.
GSEC is initiating webinars for the community and remaining connected to all of our partners and advisory councils through online technology and video conferencing. We are also looking forward to the Federal Stimulus Plan and how state leaders will fit the Greater Sacramento region into California’s share.
It is more important than ever to work together and learn from one another on evolving as this virus spreads. We will rise to meet these challenges and come out stronger in the end.
You can find links to important resources on our new COVID-19 Resource page.
We will rise to meet these challenges and come out stronger in the end.
Wendy Cohen (Kitchell CEM)
Wendy Cohen is President of Sacramento-based Kitchell CEM and a member of GSEC’s Board of Directors. Learn more about why she values economic development, working with GSEC and living and working in the Greater Sacramento region.
Michael Korpiel (Dignity Health)
Michael Korpiel is the President – Sacramento Market at Dignity Health, President/CEO at Mercy San Juan Medical Center and a member of GSEC’s Board of Directors. Learn more about why he values economic development, working with GSEC and living and working in the Greater Sacramento region.
Colleen McCain Nelson (The Sacramento Bee)
Colleen McCain Nelson is a Executive Editor / Regional Editor for California at The Sacramento Bee and GSEC Board of Director. Learn more about why she values economic development, working with GSEC and living and working in the Greater Sacramento region.